Such an innocent looking bundle of fluff. A ball of DiVe Frangia – soft metallic copper yarn. Who would think it could be so evil?
But everything I’ve tried with it has been doomed. Currently this:
I have used up 3/4 of the yarn and the scarf only measures 30 inches. That means the finished scarf would be about 40 inches- a little short. I’m knitting it on 13 needles and the next size up that I actually own is some long straight 17’s. Blehhhh. I can frog it and reknit it narrower. I can frog it and use the Frangia sparingly- stripes or a border. Only if I did that- I’d want to use a different color and weight base yarn- the gray Lily Chin Gramercy looks intriguing when mixed in with the Frangia, but I don’t think it will have enough presence on it’s own next to the fuzzy copper.
Since this is the 2nd failed project and the 3rd failed knitting attempt with this yarn, well….. I’m feeling just a tad disheartened. I keep thinking it would look great just worked into something in a diagonal free form kinda way but that seems dangerously like intarsia. What’s more, I’d still have the color/weight issue.
Must not buy yarn, must not buy yarn. Must buy car, not yarn. Must buy car, not yarn
I was really feeling proud of myself for starting my Christmas knitting early and keeping it simple so I might actually get it done. Plus easy means I can knit it on the train in the morning.
Somewhere there’s a truly awful cheesy movie playing. Have bad TV, will frog.